March Mania 2017
Grotto Pizza March Mania Contest 2017
You Pick – Win FREE Pizza for a Year or an HDTV
Official Contest Rules
1) No purchase is necessary to enter contest and claim prizes. Entries must include:
- Name, age, email address, bracket selections & Grotto Pizza location.
2) CONTEST DATES: Contest runs from Monday, March 13th, 2017 through Monday, April 3rd, 2017. College Basketball Tournament Brackets entries accepted from Monday, March 13th, 2017 at 11:00 am EST through Thursday, March 16th, 2017 at 11:59 am EST. No exception will be made.
3) CONDITION OF PARTICIPATION: College Basketball Tournament Brackets submitted become property of Grotto Pizza, Inc. All brackets must be handwritten and submitted to the correct Grotto Pizza employee. Winner may be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility and name and likeness publicity release and a waiver and release of liability. By participating in this contest, participants agree to be bound by these rules. The decision(s) of judges provided by Grotto Pizza Inc., will be final. All taxes and any registration fees or deposits are the sole responsibility of the verified winner. All entries must include Name, age, email address, bracket selections, choice of prize (Free pizza for a year or a TV) and Grotto Pizza location.
4) ELIGIBILITY: Participation for the prize is open to any individual age 21 (calculated from documental date of birth) or older, EXCEPT: employees of Grotto Pizza, Inc.; persons with a family relationship to those employees (spouse, parent/child, sibling or in-law relationship); owners and or management level employees of advertising agencies in this contest, if applicable; employees of advertising agencies representing sponsors in this contest, if applicable, and employees of the advertising sponsors in this contest, and persons with a family relationship to employees of advertising sponsors in this contest, if applicable. Participants may be required to certify that they meet these qualifications to be eligible (are not otherwise excluded) at time of winning or at time of actual award of prize. If a prize is inadvertently awarded to an individual who does not meet eligibility requirements, individual will not receive the prize and, if the contest has ended, the subsequent awarding of a prize may be made at the discretion of the judge(s). Contestants are not eligible to win at multiple locations.
5) AWARDING OF PRIZE: Grand Prize will be awarded to the one (1) contestant who, on a single Game Bracket, receives the highest score using the method specified in eleven (11), at each of the 11 Grotto Pizza Sports Bar locations (Concord Pike, Dover, Grand Slam Lewes, Long Neck, Milford, Newark, Pennsylvania Avenue, Seaford, Middletown, Gambrills and Columbia, MD.) All prizes must be picked up at the winning location at a mutually agreed upon date and time. The prize will not be shipped. If free pizza for a year is chosen, all 52 FREE pizzas will be loaded onto Grotto Pizza Free Large Cheese Pizza Cards. Lost or stolen cards cannot be replaced. All FREE Large Pizza cards expire April 30, 2018.
6) VERIFICATION: All contest materials are subject to verification.
7) PRIZE DESCRIPTION: Grand Prize – Your choice:
- FREE Pizza for a year. 52 large cheese pizzas loaded on Grotto Pizza’s “FREE Large Cheese Pizza Cards.”
- Or an HDTV.
8) TRANSFER OF PRIZE: No transfer of prize is permitted.
9) LIMITATIONS: Each Person is allowed to enter one (1) College Basketball Tournament Bracket Sheet per person. The winner is eligible to win only once during each contest and only one winner per household. Guests cannot win at more than one location.
10) RULES AND WINNER LIST: These rules and a list of the winners will be made available by request, include a self addressed, stamped envelope to: Grotto Pizza Inc, 20376 Coastal Hwy, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971 or send an email firstname.lastname@example.org.
11) MAKING PICKS: You will have access to handwritten brackets listing 64 of the 68 eligible Division I Men’s College Basketball Tournament teams and their round one match-up. Note: The 65th through 68th teams will be determined by a play-in Tournament game on Tuesday, March 14th, 2017 and Wednesday, March 15th, 2017. These games will not be counted in this contest. Prior to completion of those games, the remaining teams will be listed on our brackets page. Participants must enter their projected winners of all 63 games of the Tournament, round by round. Beginning with round two, the Administrator will weigh predictions for each successive round more heavily than the previous round in accordance with the table below. Points will be awarded by multiplying your number of correct predictions of winning teams in each round of the Sweepstakes by the weight assigned to each applicable round. For example, you would receive five (5) points for five correct predictions of winning teams in round one, and ten (10) points for five correct predictions of winning teams in round two. You will receive an individual score for each of the six Tournament rounds; and an overall score, which is the combined total of your individual round scores.
|Points Per Round||1||2||4||8||16||32|
12) TIE BREAKER: In the Event of a tie, we will use a system that follows. First tiebreaker is total points scored in the championship game, which is played on Monday, April 3rd, 2017. In the event of a tie after that we will go to total number of correct teams advanced into the first round. In the event of another tie we will use the second round total number of correct teams advanced and so on until a winner is decided.
13) INTERNET: If for any reason the Internet portion of the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Grotto Pizza Inc. which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this contest, Grotto Pizza Inc. reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest.
14) Grotto Pizza Inc. assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries or transactions. Grotto Pizza Inc. is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail entry or transaction to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this contest.
15) LOST OR CORRUPTED ENTRIES: Grotto Pizza Inc. and contest sponsors, hereinafter referred to as (the contest entities), and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, lost, late, incomplete, corrupted, stolen, misdirected, illegible or postage due entries or mail if applicable; or for any computer, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information. The contest Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, advertising and promotion agencies, are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by registration information submitted by end users or tampering, hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this contest, and assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the contest.
16) DAMAGED PROPERTY: Contest Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, injury or damage to any participants or to any other person’s computer or property related to or resulting from participating in this contest or downloading materials from this contest.